La Belle Games
Based in Paris, France
Featuring stunning art direction, reminiscent of watercolour paintings, the game will task players with writing their version of Mary Shelley's gothic classic.
In this exploration/adventure game, you play Frankenstein’s Creature, a being with no memory and past. At the start of the game you know neither Good, nor Evil, you are a blank soul in an adult body. By exploring the world, you will experience your emotions, develop and write the first pages of your story. When confronted with mankind, there will be no way to escape the question of your origins : Who abandoned you in this world? Hunted by this question The Wanderer: Frankenstein’s Creature will take you on an adventure throughout Europe. Your experiences - some brutal and tragic, others joyful - as well as your choices, will bring you closer to the truth with every step. But will you be ready to face this truth?
- Evolving landscape -- Choices made and the resulting emotions felt will influence the environmental color palette. With iconic scenes from the novel brought to life in a style inspired by paintings of the Romantic era.
- A new story to discover -- Through their actions, players will create their version of Mary Shelley’s legendary novel with multiple endings available in this narrative adventure.
- Explore what makes us human -- Frankenstein’s Creature is neither good nor evil. Beginning life anew, every decision made by the player will inform who the Creature will become.
- Atmospheric soundtrack -- The story is imbued with emotional music overtaking the player with its sweeping score.
Logo & Icon
- "Frankenstein-inspired The Wanderer is about beauty and childlike wonder"
- Colin Campbell, Polygon
- "The Wanderer is a beautiful game inspired by Frankenstein"
- Silvermoon, Guru Gamer
- "The Wanderer: Frankenstein’s Creature will be giving Frankenstein some much-needed respect"
- Brad Crespo, Noisy Pixel
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About La Belle Games
La Belle is a new label destined to promote videogames with content. Beware : we’re not making "serious games" ! Our first creation is dealing with artificial reproduction of mankind and it’s called "Eugenics".
More information on La Belle Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Wanderer: Frankenstein's Creature Credits
La Belle Games
Publisher and Co-Producer
Cédric Bache and Laurent Checola
Thibaut de Corday
Composer, Audio designer
Assistant game designer
Assistant gameplay developer