La Belle Games
Based in Paris, France
May 4, 2016
Press / Business contact:
La Belle is a new label destined to promote videogames with content. Beware : we’re not making "serious games" ! Our first creation is dealing with artificial reproduction of mankind and it’s called "Eugenics".
La Belle was founded by three people, eager to push the videogame medium forward. Thibaut de Corday, a documentary films and video games producer dealing with social issues – and a TV and games writer. His latest production is the bimedia project about science fiction iconic author Philip K. Dick consisting of The Worlds of Philip. K. Dick documentary and the video game entitled Californium. Cédric Bache : after more than 15 years, as a head of business developpment at Neko Entertainement, Cedric is a veteran of the indie scene. He’s involved in the french and european indie scene, but he and his team aslo helps young teams to finalize their games. Laurent Checola : after a first career, employed at Le Monde, he became “indie journalist” working on webdocumentaries and game projects. Let’s Play ! is a five episode serie about the European videogame indie scene, published by Devolver on Steam.Where we are now
We are working with Arte, the european broadcasting channel, to create a free adapatation of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. We make games but also organize events related to games with content. Our first event is called "Mediajam" : 8 journalists and confirmed game developers created unique gameplays during the french presidential campain. One year after, we organized a game jam based on urban cultures, where developers worked with street artists.
The Wanderer: Frankenstein's Creature teaser YouTube
Eugenics gameplay trailer YouTube
Urban Jam video YouTube
Mediajam highlights YouTube
There are far more images available for La Belle Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Honorable Mention" - Best in Play, GDC 2018
- "Official Selection" - Amaze Festival, Berlin 2019
- "Official Selection" - Imagine Film Festival, Amsterdam 2019
- "Story Award Nominee" - Indie Arena Booth, Gamescom 2018
- "Official Selection" - Jeux Made In France, Paris Games Week 2018
- "Official Selection" - Utopiales, Nantes 2018
- "Frankenstein-inspired The Wanderer is about beauty and childlike wonder"
- Colin Campbell, Polygon
- "The Wanderer is a beautiful game inspired by Frankenstein"
- Silvermoon, Guru Gamer
- "The game mixes dark humour with serious questions about genetic manipulation"
- Thomas McMullan, Alphr
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Thibaut de Corday